Low-Calorie Pesto Pizza
November 5, 2022
The most delicious low-calorie pizza recipe, that you can make in under 20 minutes! This Greek yoghurt pizza with pesto dressing will become your new favourite recipe – healthy, high protein and so easy!
One of the easiest pizza recipes, and takes only 20-25 minutes to make with only 88 calories per slice! This pizza is super healthy, high protein and most importantly uses no yeast.
If you are to make this pesto pizza as low calories as possible, I've given instructions for homemade pizza dough below but don’t feel obligated to make it if you are not restricted on calories. Store-bought pizza dough works beautifully and makes this recipe totally doable on a weeknight. Same goes for the pesto — if you want to make it from scratch, that's great, but store-bought works well, too.
Are you missing something? No problem. Keep on reading and you are going to learn how to replace all recipe ingredients.
- All-purpose flour: replace with spelt flour or wholewheat flour. This recipe does not work well with oat flour or almond flour.
- Coconut flour: use more of any of the flours mentioned above, just use double the quantity of coconut flour.
- Greek yoghurt: replace with Skyr or quark. Also dairy-free, as long as it has a thick and firm texture (no runny yoghurt here!).
- Egg whites: use more greek yoghurt instead
- Baking powder: skip if you don’t have it. The crust will come out anyway, but it will stay pretty flat.
- Pesto sauce: You can, of course, use your favourite recipe for pesto or a jar of quality store-bought pesto.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella is the prime pizza cheese and tastes unbelievable with the garlicky pesto.
- Fetta Cheese: adds a little saltiness, but you can also use Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.
- Other optional toppings: You can add more toppings to the pizza before baking, like sliced tomatoes (I usually use halved cherry tomatoes). Or try sliced bell peppers, mushrooms or olives.