Tiramisu Overnight Oats with Chocolate with Chocolate
May 20, 2023
This Tiramisu Overnight Oat is going to be your new favourite breakfast!! It's creamy, high in protein and tastes like one of the most beloved desserts, tiramisu of course!
I love overnight oats. They're an easy way to get a healthy breakfast on the table and taste amazing! I've made many different flavours over the years, from chocolate peanut butter to strawberry cheesecake. But this time, I've gone all out with a tiramisu-inspired flavour. It's creamy, rich and super decadent!
The best part about these oats is that you can make them the night before so they're ready for you when you wake up! All you have to do is throw everything in a jar (or mason jar) and let it sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning, give it a stir and enjoy!
I think these would also be great served warm if you're making them ahead of time. It makes them feel more like dessert than breakfast too!
Here are all the ingredients and substitutes that you need to make these Tiramisu overnight oats with the chocolate layer:
- Plant-based milk: Usually I use almond milk for my overnight oats, but you can choose any plant-based milk you like such as coconut, soya, rice milk or even dairy milk. If you like it higher in protein, go for soya milk.
- Rolled oats – For overnight oats I recommend rolled oats as they don't become too soft overnight. But feel free to replace them with quick-cook or instant oats.
- Protein powder: No protein powder? Replace with 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup! If you use vegan protein, you may need to add a bit more milk.
- Yoghurt: my favourite yoghurt is Greek, but Skyr or Quark are always great options. Also, plant-based would work well.
- No calorie sweetener: you can use stevia, honey, agave, maple syrup, or any other sweetener you like.
- Chocolate coating: I have used dark chocolate sweetened with stevia, however, you may use any chocolate of preference.