Healthy Creamy Salmon Pasta
October 27, 2022
Satisfy your pasta cravings with this delicious, low-calorie recipe. Creamy pasta is my favourite and this one was so tasty! It’s very low in calories and fats, so you will want to make them every day!
When I first got into healthy eating, I would have the same meals every day. Chicken and plain rice for lunch and dinner. But over time, you realise that it's impossible to stick to a diet without variety, and delicious options.
And then I realised making healthy food taste delicious is incredibly easy… And quick! Like this healthy creamy salmon pasta, which is ready in just 20 minutes.
This creamy salmon pasta recipe is perfect for a “date night” at home. Big chunks of fried salmon, spinach and mozzarella cheese with pasta and a creamy sauce seasoned with spices.
This pasta with salmon seems pretty fancy, but trust me, it’s just cooking pasta + making a simple cream sauce + frying a piece of salmon.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTES:
Not only is this healthy creamy pasta quick to make, requires simple ingredients that you might even have in your kitchen right now! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salmon: you will need 200g raw salmon for this salmon pasta recipe (one 7-ounce fillet will work).
- Linguine: this is my noodle of choice for this pasta with salmon, but fettuccine or spaghetti works just as well.
- Milk: For a low-calorie option use unsweetened plant-based milk such as almond, coconut, soya, or rice milk.
- Spices: the salmon gets its flavour from smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Wholemeal flour: you can use any flour you like, such as coconut flour, all-purpose flour etc.
- Spinach – since spinach wilts to practically nothing when it’s cooked, I used an entire 120g box of baby spinach in this salmon linguine!
- Light Mozzarella Cheese: I prefer mozzarella cheese as you can easily find a low-calorie option and also goes pretty well with this salmon linguini combo.
HOW TO SERVE
Since I’ve already packed an entire box of spinach into this salmon pasta recipe, you may decide you don’t need a side dish at all. I totally understand!
But, if you’d like another helping of fibre-rich veggies on your plate with your salmon linguine, I suggest either some broccoli or asparagus.
Nutrition information per serving
Like this? Then you'll also love:
This recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious chickens that you can just make in a few minutes with minimal ingredients! If you are looking to elevate your basic chicken recipe, this is the one for you!