Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
November 4, 2022
These oatmeal cookies are one of my favourites to make! It comes together in under 20 minutes, is made with whole food ingredients, and makes for an awesome on-the-go snack or breakfast.
If you are looking for healthy cookie recipe, you are in the right place. These oatmeal pumpkin cookies are sugar-free, vegan and suitable for a gluten-free diet.
These cookies bake up thick, they’re soft and chewy, and made with pumpkin puree.
You can even customize these cookies by adding some your favorite chopped nuts, or top them with a simple vanilla glaze!
To sweeten the cookies without sugar, this recipe uses calorie-free syrup but you can also use applesauce or banana to add a bit moisture.
Each oatmeal cookie is loaded with around 10 grams of protein and lots of taste. They taste like a bakery cookie, but way healthier and most importantly homemade!
Here are all the ingredients and substitutes that you need to make these healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookies:
- Rolled oats: I don't recommend using instant oats with this recipe. Use gluten-free oats if necessary.
- Pumpkin puree: you can use canned pumpkin puree or fresh by making your own.
- Cinnamon: Use for extra taste. If not a fan of cinnamon you can skip it.
- Protein powder: My recommendation is to use whey protein powder (vanilla goes pretty well) because it mixes very easily without thickening your cookie butter. But also casein or vegan protein powders work – but you will need to add some liquid, such as milk or applesauce. If you don't want to use protein at all, that's fine just add more sweetener.
- Chocolate: my favourite sugar-free chocolate is Ion Stevia milk chocolate with almonds. If you want to make these cookies vegan, you can also use dark chocolate.
- White Chocolate chips: You can replace them with dairy-free chocolate chips for a vegan alternative.
- No calorie syrup: For sugar-free cookies, I suggest using syrup without calories. But if you don't mind these extra calories, you can use honey, agave or maple syrup.