Mason Jar Overnight Oats
October 21, 2022
Easy and delicious with simple ingredients, mason jar overnight oats are a healthy breakfast to make ahead and take on the go. When things get busy, or when eating lots of meals out, meal prepping is a lifesaver. I like to make mine in mason jars with delicious layers, but there are so many ways to customize them as you like!
These Peanut butter Jam overnight oats are the quick and easy breakfast that you always wanted. With their peanut buttery taste, these overnight oats are creamy, delicious and so rich in nutrients.
Keep them in the fridge for a quick and healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert!
These healthy overnight oats are rich in protein but have no protein powder! This recipe uses only simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
Here are all the ingredients and substitutes that you need to make these mason jar overnight oats.
- Plant-based milk: Usually I use almond milk for my overnight oats, but you can choose any plant-based milk you like such as coconut, soya, rice milk or even dairy milk. If you like it higher in protein, go for soya milk.
- Rolled oats – For overnight oats I recommend rolled oats as they don't become too soft overnight. But feel free to replace them with quick-cook or instant oats.
- Peanut butter – replace with the nut butter of your choice (almond butter, cashew butter, walnut butter) or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free recipe.
- Yoghurt: my favourite yoghurt is Greek, but Skyr or quark are always great options. Also, plant-based would work well.
- No calorie sweetener: you can use stevia, honey, agave or maple syrup or any other sweetener you like.
- Chia seeds: you can swap chia seeds with flaxseeds (same quantity).
- Melted berries: if you prefer instead of melting the frozen berries, use a low-calorie jam of your choice. Raspberry or strawberry jams go pretty well with peanut butter.
For toppings, usually use a combo of fresh fruits and nuts/nut butter. But there are so many variations you could try. Some of them are:
- Walnuts and raspberries
- Hazelnuts and trimmed dark chocolate
- Apple and cinnamon
Variations are endless, experiment a bit each time you make them, so you will never get bored of them.
Nutrition information per jar