Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
October 8, 2022
This sweet potato mousse is so delicious, easy to make and way more nutritious than regular chocolate mousse. It’s the perfect dessert to whip up when you’ve got leftover sweet potato.
Sweet potato chocolate mousse beats traditional chocolate mousse in every way. It’s easier to make, healthier and way more nutricious. Sweet potato makes the perfect base for a dessert. It has a natural sweet flavour, and by combining it with dates it makes the perfect sweet combo, that requires no more sweetener.
To make this recipe, I recommend steaming the sweet potato because it retains more moisture compared to roasting. I think this produces a softer, more mousse-like texture. However, if you do have some leftover roasted sweet potato then I think you could still give this a try!
Are you missing something? No problem. Keep on reading and you are going to learn how to replace all recipe ingredients.
- Almond milk: you can choose any plant-based milk you like such as coconut, soya or rice milk.
- Sweet potato: well this is sweet potato mousse, so by replacing the sweet potato you are doing a completely different recipe! but in case you do, replace the sweet potato with avocado, or coconut cream.
- Coconut yoghurt: replace with Skyr or quark or greek yoghurt, but make sure you add some kind of sweetener.
- Dates: you can replace them with dried cranberries, dried raisins or even maple syrup.
- Protein powder: You can skip protein powder completely, just add more cocoa powder and a sweetener of choice.