Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
October 23, 2022
These nuggets are so easy to make, super crunchy, packed with protein, without fats, low calorie & made with only minimal ingredients. Serve with honey mustard, ketchup or your favorite BBQ sauce!
What can I say — they’re truly the BEST healthy chicken nuggets ever.
Believe me, they are truly addictive: crispy outside and tender inside, they taste simply delicious. But not only this, these are super healthy and low on calories. These are air-dried or oven-baked, without using any oil or flour. Perfect as a macro-friendly meal.
The first time I tested this recipe I was blown away by just how crispy and flavorful these baked chicken nuggets were.
The results were FANTASTIC. Seriously tender. So flavorful. Crispy. Perfectly dippable, you can dip nuggets in any sauce and they will still taste so good!
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTES:
Not only is this healthy baked chicken nuggets recipe quick to make, requires minimal ingredients that you might even have in your kitchen right now! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken: I use boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it into 15g (approx. 1-inch) cubes.
- Cornflakes: You can use panko breadcrumbs instead, but cornflakes are way crispier!
- Eggs: if you want to save some more calories you can use egg whites. For an egg-free alternative, you can use plant-based yoghurt.
- Spices: these chicken nuggets get their flavour from bbq seasoning, masala, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Dipping sauces: have fun with all of the sauces like honey mustard, ketchup or your favourite BBQ sauce for dipping!
HOW TO SERVE
Here are some ideas on how to enjoy these healthy baked chicken nuggets:
- Pair with a salad or your favourite vegetables.
- Make a wrap with vegetables and yoghurt or avocado sauce.
- Make a burger with buns for a healthy homemade McChicken.
- Dip in a selection of sauces such as BBQ, Ketchup or mayo.
- Side with potatoes (I love oven-baked potato wedges).
Nutrition information per chicken nugget