Fluffy Protein Pancakes
December 1, 2022
These are the ultimate low-carb and high-protein fluffy pancakes. Make these easy protein pancakes for a healthy breakfast that keeps you full for hours!
If you're tired of eating the same breakfast every day, then it's time to try these protein pancakes. They're healthy and delicious—and incredibly easy to make!
This recipe includes Coconut flour, which is a low-carbohydrate and gluten-free flour made from ground coconut meat. It can be used as a replacement for wheat flour in many recipes and requires way less quantity than other flour.
This recipe is just perfect for anyone who loves pancakes but wants to cut out gluten and carbs.
Here are all the ingredients and substitutes that you need to make these protein pancakes:
- Egg white: you can replace it with one flaxseed egg.
- Milk: For a low-calorie option use unsweetened plant-based milk such as almond, coconut, soya, or rice milk.
- Apple cider vinegar: apple cider vinegar will make your pancakes fluffier, hence it's optional. You can also use any kind of vinegar you have available, will still work.
- Oat flour: if you don't have oat flour, you can add in blender oats and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Protein: You can use any protein powder you like such as casein, whey or vegan. If you prefer not to use protein at all, replace with oat or all-purpose flour.
- Coconut flour: You can use any other flour, but you will need to use double the quantity of coconut flour.
- Baking powder: You can replace it with bicarbonate soda
- Sweetener: you can use stevia, honey, agave or maple syrup or any other sweetener you like.
For the chocolate dressing:
- Yoghurt: my favourite yoghurt is Greek, but Skyr or quark are always great options. Also, plant-based would work well.
- Sweetener: I usually use vanilla flavour drops, but feel free to use any of your preferences.
- Raspberries: generally berries have the least calories, hence I use them in most recipes.
Nutrition information per serving (makes 2)