Healthy Crispy Chicken Burger
December 10, 2022
These healthy chicken burgers are ultra crispy and absolutely bursting with flavour. Better still, they couldn’t be easier to make, and they are so healthy that I am sure you will want to make them every day!
Crispy chicken burgers are a great alternative to beef patties as they are low in calories and fat. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
The best thing about these chicken burgers is that they’re super easy to make. All you have to do is dip the chickens into the eggs and then drop them into the panko bread crumbs.
I love using panko bread crumbs as a coating for my chicken burgers because they are crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside. Plus, they add some texture to your burger! You can also use any kind of cereal such as cornflakes which will make them extra crispy!
What you'll need to make these healthy crispy chicken burgers:
- Chicken breasts: I have used 4 chicken breasts of 150g (5.25 oz)
- Sesame Burger buns: mine were about 65g each, at 170 calories.
- Light cheddar cheese: if you can't find light cheddar cheese, you can substitute it with a different light cheese.
- Bolthouse Blue Cheese dressing: if you can't find a low-calorie store-bought sauce you can make your own dressing. Just combine low-fat mayonnaise, crumbled blue cheese, parsley, lemon, salt and a bit of water.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: if you don't have panko bread crumbs, you can replace them with crushed cereals (Kellogs preferably). The procedure is exactly the same!
- Eggs: To save even more calories, use only egg whites.
Nutrition information per burger